RT Pro has proven to have the best replacement spring options for today’s UTV’s. This option is for the Can Am Commander using OEM non-reservoir style shocks. This is a RT Pro dual rate kit for the rear, which gives a substantial improvement in ride quality while improving handling as well at G-out resistance. The front is a single rate spring because in extensive testing, we weren’t able to find enough gains to add the cost of front dual rates for this model. However, we were still able to make substantial improvements over stock with correct springs rates and preload design.
We’ve found the perfect combination of spring length to rate ratio and are very happy with our results. This kit is for all four corners of the machine. It provides a short spring, a long spring and a spacer for each rear shock and also adapter rings for all shocks to change over to a 2.5″ I.D. spring. The secret is in our short springs. We’ve found a perfect rate which allows us to custom tailor our long springs, (which determines the final rate of the suspension) to each individuals needs.
After months of testing we determined the XT shocks are quite sensitive to weight changes. Without any adjustability in valving, these shocks rely more on the spring to set the performance. For this reason, we offer three different rate options:
- Light – Works best for light machines with very light cargo and passenger weight.
- Standard – Best overall kit. Works for 80% of all Customers. Works best with average cargo and passenger weight.
- Heavy Duty – Best option for very heavy machines with LOTS of cargo and passenger weight. Use for 4 seat conversions and heavy hunting/farming purposes. Rides stiff when unloaded.To find the best rate for you, use our Spring Rate Calculator above.
- 2011 – Standard, XT, 800R
- 2012 – Standard, XT 800R
- 2013 – Standard, DPS, XT, 800R, Limited (Europe Only), Electric
- 2014 – Standard, DPS, XT, 800R, Limited (Europe Only), Electric
- 2015 – Standard, DPS, XT, 800R, Electric
- 2016 – Standard, DPS, XT, 800R, Mossy Oak Edition
- 2017 – Standard, DPS, XT, 800R, Mossy Oak Edition
Kit includes (6) springs, (2) spring spacers and (4) adapter rings. All springs come with silver powdercoat.
This kit is 100% MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Here’s a GREAT video testament to show how the RT Pro Dual Rate spring design works in different scenarios. The proof is all right here and there is no other spring package in the world that can do what these do! Watch closely and see how the two springs almost seem to talk to each other to control and regulate which spring moves first based on the impact and the speed of the cycle.