The Magellan® TRX7 Trail and Street GPS Navigator is the ultimate off-road GPS navigator. The TRX7 is equipped with a 7″ hi-definition touchscreen protected by a waterproof, dustproof, drop- and shock-resistant IP67 casing, and includes a genuine RAM windshield mount to fit any 4×4 vehicle. With a built-in 5-megapixel trail camera with Flash LED, take a photo or video right from the dash using your TRX7.
The TRX7 comes preloaded with over 115,000 designated OHV routes from forest and public lands and includes Magellan’s award-winning street navigation to get you straight from your starting point to the trail. Search trails using your TRX7 or search for trails in a constantly growing crowdsourced track database on www.TRXTrailhead.com. Magellan’s trail database contains over 115,000 preloaded OHV routes and user-generated tracks created by fellow off-roaders. The community database is accessible by desktop, tablet, or mobile device, and crowd-sourced tracks contain personal observations so that you can search for them by location, track difficulty, rankings, and more.
You can also review trails and their attributes before you head out to the trail, then save to a list of favorites for future rides. View satellite basemap layers when you search for trails on www.TRXTrailhead.com, and read all of the observations and rankings to get the latest trail so that your off-road adventures are safer and more enjoyable.
The TRX7’s intuitive interface makes following trails and recording your own tracks simple. Using either a saved trail from your favorites or a preloaded trail on the device, simply tap “Follow” once the trail is selected. Once you’re on the trail, the TRX7 helps identify land features and minimize surprises for safer off-road navigation by providing a high-resolution (10M) 3D terrain map view and a 2D topo view with contour lines that cover USA and Canada.
Use the TRX7’s built-in 5-megapixel trail camera with Flash LED to take a photo of that wicked hill climb you just nailed and don’t miss the opportunity to document your buddy’s next epic fail. Take photos, add them to waypoints, and share every detail of your adventures. Does Sasquatch keep sneaking into your camp at night? Get good photos and videos even at night with a built-in flash LED that illuminates your surroundings.
Share your progress with friends and family with the Social Post (hashtag) button, which sends an automatic preconfigured Tweet from the trail. Your Tweet will post right away if you’re using your phone as a hotspot, or it will automatically send once the TRX7 is connected to Wi-Fi. Link your Twitter and Instagram accounts, and you can share your trail updates and photos with your social network. Publish your tracks to the community database on www.TRXTrailhead.com so that any fellow off-roader can access your track and see attached waypoints and observations. When navigating a track with saved waypoints, you’ll see pop-ups notifying you of any upcoming waypoints. By giving off-roaders access to this information, you can be more aware of your fellow off-roaders’ observations for safer and more enjoyable trail riding experiences.
Other TRX7 safety features include off-course notifications and Backtrack. The TRX7 warns you whenever you veer off course to quickly get your vehicle back on track. At any point along a track, select the Backtrack feature will guide the TRX7 user safely back to the trailhead, campsite, or any current track starting point.
The TRX7’s track saving and publishing features are key to building the off-road community. Before saving a track, you can enter info on 4WD use, trail conditions, obstacles, and more. Enter all the details when you save or do a simple one-touch save and go back to add more details later before you publish your track. Saved tracks are wirelessly uploaded to your TRX account when you connect the TRX7 to Wi-Fi. Once your track has a rating, you can publish the track to the Magellan TRX community database, allowing fellow off-roaders to search your tracks, view your observations, and check out your route.
- 7″ HD Touchscreen Extra-large High definition color touchscreen to easily view while navigating.
- Built-in 5-megapixel Trail Camera with Flash LED: No need to fumble around for your phone or camera. Take a photo or video right from the dash using your TRX7 trail cam. Share every detail of your adventures with your fellow off-roaders by taking photos and videos along your trail and sharing them with the TRX community on www.TRXTrailhead.com.
- Detailed Basemap Views A 2D Topographic view with contour lines and a high resolution (10M) 3D Terrain view of USA and Canada help determine elevations and land features.
- Over 115,000 Preloaded Designated OHV Routes Covering forest and public lands.
- Intuitive Interface Ready to go right out-of-the-box. With one or two touches users can record a trail, save a waypoint, share socially, save a trail, Backtrack and more.
- Off-road Waypoint List Waypoint types and marker sets for off-roaders to easily mark meetup locations, scenic views, campsites, obstacles, and more.
- Easily Record Custom Waypoints When stopped record custom waypoints using current location, GPS coordinates and more. Name and add audio, photos and descriptions. Waypoints are visible on a saved trail.
- Safe Waypoint Creation For safety when moving the TRX7 limits a user to select only a waypoint type – keeping attention on the trail. Once stopped users can enter custom waypoint data.
- One-touch Social Sharing Link a Twitter account and press the # button while navigating to send a tweet showing your location and Dirt Miles driven along a trail.
- Backtrack Anywhere along a trail hit the backtrack button to route your vehicle back to the current trail’s starting point.
- Off-track Notification TRX7 notifies user when veering of a trail it is recording to help the user get quickly back on the trail.
- Custom Trail Ranking System Mark if a trail requires 4 Wheel Drive, road conditions, terrain types, pitch, roll, and more to calculate the trails difficulty. Once ranked a trail can be published to the online trail database.
- Online Community Trail Database Searchable database where TRX7 users can discover new crowd-sourced trails, view trail difficulties and observations from fellow off-roaders, and see satellite basemap layers to help plan their off-road adventures.