For installing in a UTV, we recommend using the RAM Mounts upgrade mount version (TN1705SGLUC) with the RAM Mounts Tough Claw for a quick-removal option or the RAM Mounts Rail Base for a more permanent mount on either a grab handle or roll cage tube. NOTE: These bases are sold separately and are not currently available through RT Pro. You will need a base mounting solution for installation of this product unless you have a windshield you can mount the standard base to.
The TRX7 comes preloaded with over 100,000 designated OHV routes from forest and public lands. Search trails through the device or search for trails in an ever-growing crowd sourced database. Magellan’s database contains the preloaded OHV routes and routes that have been created by fellow off-road enthusiasts. The community database is accessible by notebook, tablet or any mobile device and the crowd-sourced trails contain personal observations and trail rankings so users can search by location, trail difficulty, rankings and more. TRX7 users can review the trail and its attributes ahead of time and then save to a Wish List for future travel. Satellite basemap layers are visible when viewing trails from the TRX website and along with the observations and rankings help deliver important trail information to the off-road community making OHV adventures safer and more enjoyable.
The Magellan TRX7’s intuitive interface makes following and recording a trail simple. Users that either saved trails to their Wish List or select a preloaded trail on the device can simply tap “Follow” once the trail is selected. Additionally, users can, with one-touch, choose “Track Me” and the TRX7 will start recording a new user created trail. Once on a trail the eXplorist TRX7 helps identify land features and minimize surprises for safer off-road navigation by providing two types of detailed basemap views. A high resolution (10M) 3D terrain map view and a 2D topo view with contour lines cover the USA and Canada.
When recording a trail, the TRX7 makes it easy to save personal observations. In active track mode, to keep the off-roader’s attention on the trail, the eXplorist TRX7’s advance interface limits the user to selecting only a waypoint type. With two quick taps you can save a waypoint to the trail with no delays. When the TRX7 user stops the vehicle and pauses tracking the interface allows for more detailed waypoint creation. Once paused additional details like marking a waypoint using audio recording, coordinates, current location or point on map, or selecting the type of waypoint, naming it, adding photos and more are available to select. When a trail is saved and published those waypoints and observations are saved with the route so the next off-road enthusiast following the trail will be notified of a particular nasty boulder or a beautiful vista.
Share trail progress with friends and family. The eXplorist TRX7 hashtag button sends an automatic preconfigured tweet from the trail when connected, for example, using the phone as a hotspot, or it will automatically send once the TRX7 has a connection. Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts and a TRX7 owner’s social network will see trail tweets. Publish the trail to the community database and any fellow off-road enthusiasts that access that route will see attached waypoints and observations. When navigating a route with saved waypoints users will get a waypoint pop up notice notifying the of-road enthusiast there is a waypoint coming up. By giving off-roaders access to this information TRX7 users are made aware of noteworthy observations for safer and more enjoyable OHV experience.
Additional TRX7 off-road safety features include off-course notifications and Backtrack. The TRX7 will warn or notify users when leaving the trail to quickly get the vehicle back on track. At any point along a trail selecting the Backtrack feature will guide the TRX7 user safely back to the campsite, entry or any current trail starting point.
The TRX7’s trail saving and publishing features are key to building the off-road community. Before saving a trail, the TRX7 has an option to rank its difficulty. Rankings are based on user entered info on 4wd use, trail conditions, obstacles seen and more. Its best to enter all the details of a trail when saving, however If a user is pressed for time a simple one-touch save can be selected for the completed trail and the user can go back and add more details later to publish. Saved trails are wirelessly uploaded to a user’s account by the TRX7’s built-in Wi-Fi. Once a trail has a rating users can publish the route to the Magellan TRX community database allowing fellow off-road enthusiast to search their trails, view observations and follow. And with the eXplorist TRX7 users are not only helping fellow off-road enthusiasts’ build a community; users are building a personal off-road resume. TRX7 users receive and collect achievement badges and Dirt Miles for places visited and the amount of trail miles driven. The Magellan eXplorist TRX7 – the most comprehensive out-of-the-box navigation solution designed for the off-road community.
- 7″ HD Touchscreen – Extra-large High definition color touchscreen to easily view while navigating.
- Ruggedized IP67 Casing – Drop and shock resistant casing that is also water and dust proof.
- Detailed Basemap Views – A 2D Topographic view with contour lines and a high resolution (10M) 3D Terrain view of USA and Canada help determine elevations and land features.
- Over 100,000 Preloaded Designated OHV Routes – Covering forest and public lands.
- Intuitive Interface – Ready to go right out-of-the-box. With one or two touches users can record a trail, save a waypoint, share socially, save a trail, Backtrack and more.
- Off-road Waypoint List – Waypoint types and marker sets for off-roaders to easily mark meetup locations, scenic views, campsites, obstacles, and more.
- Easily Record Custom Waypoints – When stopped record custom waypoints using current location, GPS coordinates and more. Name and add audio, photos and descriptions. Waypoints are visible on a saved trail.
- Safe Waypoint Creation – For safety when moving the TRX7 limits a user to select only a waypoint type – keeping attention on the trail. Once stopped users can enter custom waypoint data.
- One-touch Social Sharing – Link a Twitter account and press the # button while navigating to send a tweet showing your location and Dirt Miles driven along a trail.
- Backtrack – Anywhere along a trail hit the backtrack button to route your vehicle back to the current trail’s starting point.
- Off-track Notification – TRX7 notifies user when veering of a trail it is recording to help the user get quickly back on the trail.
- Custom Trail Ranking System – Mark if a trail requires 4 Wheel Drive, road conditions, terrain types, pitch, roll, and more to calculate the trails difficulty. Once ranked a trail can be published to the online trail database.
- Online Community Trail Database – Searchable database where TRX7 users can discover new crowd-sourced trails, view trail difficulties and observations from fellow off-roaders, and see satellite basemap layers to help plan their off-road adventures.